Bruce,

My experience with Australia is this. I can buy DID's through Didx and using my North American wholesale termination provider I can transmit the CallerID, but I pay more for the call and there are latency issues on the outbound.

If I bought DID's from my Australian provider I can not transmit my callerid unless I can prove residence or a mailing address. But when making calls there is minimal latency.

So what we do is dial out using our Australian provider and CallerID is sent as unknown. And inbound comes in via our purchased did's from didx.

There are a bunch of countries that are implementing rules for proof of residency to be able to purchase did's. Germany is the most aggressive with this, we had some there but they cracked down and we had to give them up. The only other way around this is if you had someone who acted as a n agent and registered the account using their info to get the numbers.

Mike

Bruce N wrote:

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [on-asterisk] Australian DIDs
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:27:04 -0400



Hi Guys,
I am looking for Australian DIDs or mostly Voip phone plans that allow you to obtain DID and do call outs from the same CallerID. I have a list of VoIP providers there but they make it really hard to obtain a phone number using Canadian credit card and also needing ID to establish that you live there. Anyone here has a service provider that can list which I would be able to get DID from with Paypal or a Canadian credit card? Thanks,
Bruce
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [on-asterisk] Australian DIDs
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:27:44 -0400


Bruce,

My experience has been that quality Australian DIDs are difficult to provide
via VoIP due to latency. This info is a couple of years old, but the last
time I checked Australia isn't any closer :-). Just something to look out for.
Cheers,

Ivan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce N [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:05 PM
To: asterisk Mailing
Subject: [on-asterisk] Australian DIDs


Hi Guys,

Looking for a solid quality Australian DID/VoIP provider which allows CLI
modification. Two channels would be a bonus; one channel is just fine too.
Quality is important. Anyone you recommand?

Probably even CLI modification is not needed as long as outbound calls
through provider show DID CLID based from Australia.
I guess a Sydney number or any of the more popular cities would do.

Thanks,
Bruce
_________________________________________________________________
Reinvent how you stay in touch with the new Windows Live Messenger.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9650731
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]




Windows Live Messenger makes it easier to stay in touch - learn how!
_________________________________________________________________
Create a cool, new character for your Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9656621

--
Mike Ashton

Quality Track Intl
CTO
Ph:     647-724-3500 x 301
Cell:   416-527-4995
Fax:    416-352-6043

QTI CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION

The contents of this material are confidential and proprietary to Quality Track 
 International, Inc.
and may not be reproduced, disclosed, distributed or used without the express 
permission of an authorized representative of QTI.
Use for any purpose or in any manner other than that expressly authorized is 
prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it 
and all copies, and promptly notify the sender.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to