From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
gregory.vandewiele
Sent: Friday, 21 September 2007 10:53 PM
To: BizTalker@listserver.readify.net
Subject: RE: [***SPAM***] RE: [BizTalker] Character set of a part

Poison message handling of raw flatfile content (of readable characters). The
parsing is done inside an orchestration.

If the pipeline that does the parsing fails my solution sends out an xml
containing the failing string in an element. Therefore I need to translate the
part stream into a string.

An administrator can formulate a response xml, change the string-content and
make the orchestration retry the parsing with the updated content.

The messages come into the orchestration from different RL's where the encoding
type is set on the part per RL by a 'FixEncoding' component (see Tomas
Restrepo).

Anyway, I can make it work with a custom function that finds out the encoding.
When there is no BOM it is hard if not impossible to find out the codepage
though for variable or single byte char sets (UTF8 or local).

That is the reason why getting it from the XLANG message would be a lot easier.

I could try to read the property ReceivePipelineConfig from the incoming
message in orchestration and try to parse out the property value out of the xml.

Any other ideas?

Gregory