Hi,

I have the WSDL file and the proxy classes to make a Web Service call to
retrieve an array of objects. To retrieve rows two calls are required, one to
retrieve a cursor object the next a call to retrieve an -array- of custom
objects. See sample implementation below when not using Biztalk.

.
.
       Dim records() As apex.sObject
        Dim qr As apex.QueryResult = Nothing
.
.       [WebProxy binding code here]
.

        qr = WebProxybinding.query("select id, Name, AccountId from Contact")

        records = qr.records

        Console.WriteLine(" -- Contacts -- ")

        'we can loop through the returned records
        For i As Integer = 0 To records.GetUpperBound(0)
            'Because we asked for accounts we will convert
            'the SObject for each record into an Contact object
            Dim contact As apex.Contact = CType(records(i), apex.Contact)

            'Now we can access any of the fields we had in the query
            'select clause directly from the account variable
            Console.Write((i + 1).ToString() + ". ")
            Console.Write(Contact.Id + ", ")
            Console.Write(Contact.Name + ", ")
            Console.WriteLine(Contact.AccountId)
        Next

What I'd like to do is use the SOAP Adapter on a Send port to call the service,
I understand that a SOAP call can be made with a single param without too much
fuss where the rows are returned in single Service call. But this interface
requires
two calls, one to get a cursor object and another to get an array of custom
objects.

Using the abovementioned interface is it possible to get the rows and load them
into a single message based on the object schemas (which have been
pre-provided)? I do recall reading at one time that arrays were not supported
when using the SOAP Adapter.

If not, is there an alternative means using Biztalk? Samples?

Here's hoping.

Regards
Patrice

to unsubscribe to this list, please send a message back to the list with
'unsubscribe' as the subject. Powered by mailenable.com - List managed by
http://www.readify.net