I haven't had that exact problem but have had weak lambs with very stiff
joints that wouldn't want to try to stand.  We would work with them, moving
the joints slowly until they would get full range of motion and also
massaging the muscles of the back, hips and thighs and helping them stand up
and walk until they got the stiffness out.  We had one lamb we had to do
this several times over a 2 day period, but he eventually got out of it and
did fine. I didn't notice any softness of his head, though - probably not
the exact same problem.

Onalee