Sandy, sorry I did not get a chance to reply earlier. I had an
inbetween issue with a new mother. the story and solution is here, in
pictures with captions. It might help you get past needing to hold
her. Or try it once you can trust her to hold still a bit. The small
cage helped them bond.

http://web.me.com/mwsmith100/spring_2010/Angie.html

-Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies