From: Michael Smith <mwsmotorspo...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] Dead ewe, coyotes? or something else
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2013, 11:18 AM

Ray, wow!  I had no idea. I am surprised then that I have not had
issues before. I have 4--sh foot tall fencing, it's the 2'x4" x 4 foot
wire fence roll stuff. Good for keeping lamb and kid heads from
getting stuck.  Even though I am armed, rifle won't work for me since
we are basically a neighborhood with 1.5-8 acre ranches on paved grid
streets. I can't discharge a weapon like that in the proximity of the
other houses. Also, since there's so much human population we only
seem to get visited by coyotes at night. No day sightings in 4 years
here.  I wonder if some tilted barbed wire top edge would help?

I always assumed I could fix the low gaps below and be OK. Good to
know they can scale the fences. Thanks for that.

Elaine and Renee, thanks for your responses as well. Not sure if I
plan to set any snares, since I have beneficial feral kitties in the
barn in that pasture where the attack occurred.

-MWS