Hi Michael,
I'm sorry to see Harpo is having problems. Hopefully you can figure out
what he is doing to cause the wound. I thought I would let you know what I
have done to help keep my ram from scratching on fence posts and other
things. I called my local street swiping company and asked them to save me
a couple of there old used brushes then I just put them on a post in the
field. My ram absolutely loves them. The bristles are tough so he can
really rub his horns all over and get a good scratch. Since installing
these last year I have not seen using anything other than them.

Tiana

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Michael Smith <mwsmotorspo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> is he scraping his head on the wood posts? He had a smaller wound in
> the same place a couple weeks ago and it had started healing. The
> other rams often get a small scraed off area with no hair on the back
> of their heads in the same place, but nothing this severe.
>

> http://mwsmith.smugmug.com/Animals/HarpoHeadWound/36261505_2tbbsv#!i=3039888936&k=2sXXdFM
>
> I have a few of these fence studs that stick out (pictured), but they
> show no signs of rubbing. Still covered with rust and no signs of hair
> or even, being polished down.
>
> the concrete pile could be a culprit, but honestly, they hate it and I
> never see them spend any time there. I looked it over and saw no real
> signs of rubbing.
>
> hoping the local birds have not found a taste for sheep flesh, like
> some nasty parrot breeds have been known to do.
>
> -Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.

Tiana Franklin