They eat all of the trees that we have in our pastures, and prefer those to
the dry pasture grass during the summer.  We have redwoods, pines, cedars,
and a variety of shrubs, and they will happily eat leaves, needles and
bark.  The only thing they can't bother much are the eucalyptus (we are in
N California), once the branches are out of reach--and that happens fast.

David Sussman