David, I have corrugated steel siding on my current, antique barn and it is all
smashed in.  I have no steel rails, however.  Nearly 100% of all barns are made
of wood; I've never seen anything else, and that's why I'm asking what most of
you do about rams butting into your walls and wearing them down.  Any more
suggestions?  I can imagine the lower 3 feet made with cement blocks, but I
don't think that'll look good and I've seen no barns like that either.  My barn
was originally build with the beautiful, inch thick barn-wood planks which were
replaced with corrugated steel as they wore out.  Now the steel panels are
smashed, too.

Rick Krach
in Auburn, CA