On Thursday 11 December 2003 07:59, Eric DuMond wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I am new to the list and I have a quick question: I am trying to install
> blackbox 0.65.0 on a Sun Sparc 10 running Solaris 5.6 and when is run the
> make install I get a fatal error install recursive. Here is the output:
>

Sun is always fun to compile for, you just never know what is installed (-:

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -DSHAPE  -DNDEBUG -DNLS -DTIMEDCACHE
> -DLO CALEPATH=\"/usr/local/share/blackbox/nls\"
> -DDEFAULTMENU=\"/usr/local/share/ blackbox/menu\"
> -DDEFAULTSTYLE=\"/usr/local/share/blackbox/styles/Results\" -g -O2  -Wall
> -W -pedantic -c main.cc
> gcc  -g -O2  -Wall -W -pedantic -lnsl -lsocket   -lSM -lICE -o blackbox
> BaseDisplay.o Basemenu.o Clientmenu.o Color.o  Configmenu.o GCCache.o
> Iconmenu.o Image.o ImageControl.o Netizen.o  Rootmenu.o Screen.o Slit.o
> Texture.o Timer.o Toolbar.o Util.o Window.o  Windowmenu.o Workspace.o
> Workspacemenu.o blackbox.o i18n.o main.o  -lnsl -lsocket  -lX11  -lXext
> Undefined                       first referenced
>  symbol                             in file
> __length_error(char const *)        BaseDisplay.o
> endl(ostream &)                     BaseDisplay.o
> cerr                                BaseDisplay.o
> ostream::operator<<(char const *)   BaseDisplay.o
> __out_of_range(char const *)        BaseDisplay.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to blackbox
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `blackbox'
> Current working directory /blackbox-0.65.0/src
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'
>

The above is the important part.  Essentially it is not finding the C++ io 
library.  Perhaps you need an extra -lstdc++ (or the like)?  You could also 
try replacing gcc in the last command with g++, that may help.


-- 
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List archives:  http://asgardsrealm.net/lurker/splash/index.html
Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to