On 07-Jan-2002 Arvid Warnecke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to take a look at blackbox wm, coz I wanted something new.
> I was able to configure it like I wanted it to be, but I would like to
> have some keybindings to open an xterm for example.
> I read that you have to use bbkeys for version >= 0.6.0 but I didn't
> find any info about how to get those in version 0.5.x
> I am using Debian Potato, so I have to use that version. Ok, I compiled
> the version from woody, but there were some problems, coz then I had no
> keys at all. I wasn't able to switch workspaces :-(

0.5x.x has keybindings in it, just read the docs.

0.6x.x removed keybindings, you need bbkeys.

So, run potato's blackbox and you get keybindings (they are static, you do not
get much of a choice about WHICH keys).

Run woody or later's blackbox and also woody's bbkeys.

(Sean, also the Debian maintainer of the blackbox suite).