On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 03:54:36PM +0100, Martijn Houtman wrote:
> On Sunday 13 January 2002 15:44, you wrote:
> > Is there anyway to get Eterm working with Transparent background with
> > blackbox? Or must I use Aterm to get this feature working?
>
> Yes, but you must use a gnome utility to set the background, like Esetroot,
> else it won't work.

Since when is Esetroot a Gnome utility?  It's part of the Eterm
distribution.

Eterm expects certain characteristics to be set on the root window.  Most
utilities (xv, display, etc) do not do what it's looking for, hence you get
the errors related to not supporting transparency.  So just use Esetroot.

--
Marc Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]