On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 19:55, Matt Wilson wrote:
> I couldn't help myself - I found a bug... ;-)
>
> I'm seeing a rather erratic bug in the menu, where sub-menus are failing
> to close for a few seconds when a sibling sub-menu is opened (ie one
> with the same parent).
>
> This results in having two overlayed menus, only one of which should be
> open. The old one seems to close within about five seconds.
>
> I put a ss up, altho I had to fake it by tearing menus off, cos it was
> impossible to ss it. (so that's why they don't actually make sense if
> you look at the names, compared to the root menu - just imagine they're
> the other way around, menus seem to have no stacking control)
>
> http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/mwilson/menu.png
>
> See what you think... sorry I couldn't get you more info on it, but it's
> a slimy one...
>
> Matt.

sorry, just thought I should clarify a few points:

I see there is menu stacking, with the order of definition defining
z-index.

The bug I'm seeing seems to override this, with the later menu
overlaying the earlier - in the case of the ss, the "internet"
menu/"development" menu stacking would be reversed if the bug had caused
it. (what happened for me was - referring to the ss again - the "dev"
menu was over the top of the "apps" menu).

Matt.