On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 01:52:30AM +0200, Sam Halliday wrote:
> but that achieves nothing... i dont like putting anything into an xinitrc
> file, i like to create scripts to start each of my window managers
> seperately. but (besides in the styles) blackbox does not support
> starting anything form the starup scripts.

First off, can you PLEASE learn how to wrap your lines?

Second, I do something much like you describe.  My ~/.xsession contains
items that I always want started, and then it calls different continuations
out of ~/.sessions depending on what window manager I want to use at the
moment.  I control what wm script gets launched by an environment variable
at the top of ~/.xsession.

This lets you customize things easily.

--
Marc Wilson