On 11-Jul-2002 Roy Wood wrote:
> Anyone else working with JBuilder and Blackbox?
>
> With other window managers, JBuilder's dialogs are okay, but with
> Blackbox, they open way too big (as in much larger than the actual screen
> size).
>

> Any thoughts on what's up?  Is BB providing some hinting for window sizes
> that is screwing things up?  Where in the BB code should I look to fix
> this?
>

> -Roy

All of the window code lives in Window.cc.  The functions are for the most part
obviously named.

What would REALLY help track this down is the following:

xprop and xwininfo on any over sized window

version of the jre involved

do you have ttf fonts enabled and working?

I have seen sporadic complaints about odd sized windows.  Unfortunately ALL of
the complaints involve closed source apps and closed source java
implementations so tracking them down is proving very, very hard.

Please open a bug about this problem on the Tracker and fill it with data.