On 12-Jul-2002 Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:23:53 +0200
> "Øyvind Stegard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to point out that I just experienced the dialog problem with
>> LimeWire running JRE1.4.1 from Sun (the newest, as far as I know).
>> Problem does not seem to be specifically related to just JBuilder, but
>> perhaps it's worse with JBuilder than other Java apps.
>
> The problem is most certainly not specific to JBuilder.  I think Shaleh's
> on to something with his previous statement about system load.  I suspect
> that JBuilder puts a decent load on the system during it's startup
> (haven't used it specificially).
>
> --
> Jamin W. Collins

I just wish I could see the swing/awt code.  I'd probably sign a NDA right now.

Java windows appear to start at "arbitrary" sizes and then control everything
via hints, often changing the hints right up until the initial window manager
display.  It is most peculiar.

When I have time I plan to experiment with writing test apps that act like Java
windows.  Will see what that shows us.

All I can say is, man, Java is weird.