>>    1) you typically won't want to send "i've just clicked the lmb", but
>>       "show me the menu". for this to work, blackbox would have to have
>>       keybindings, which is not the case... kinda chicken and egg.
>
> That is the preferred solution, but there seems to be lots of resistance
> to the idea, despite a lot of user demand.  Though maybe if we keep
> whining long enough Mom and Dad will take us to Disneyland.  :-)

not resistance, just "not this week".  My first goal is to get 0.65.0 out the
door.  There have been no instability reports lately.  After 0.65.0 is out the
next step is netwm support.  Once this is fully working then we move on to
library separation.  In here we also have the bbtools rewrite -- pager, keys,
etc.

Once all of this is working features can start really being considered.  In the
end I believe key bindings will go back in the wm.  However as you can see from
the above list that won't be for at least 6 months.

The next question will of course be "how can I help".  What we need right now
is people abusing the wm to find any cracks or crevices.  The sooner we release
0.65.0 the sooner the fun stuff begins.