On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 09:00:39AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> math.h is the wrong header, it should be stdlib.h (in C++ <cfoo> means it is
> the wrapper for <foo.h>).

ok, yes, it is in stdlib.h, you are right.  the issue here then is that there is
no stdlib.h C++ wrapper on IRIX.  that's kinda silly.

> I can drop the std:: and use stdlib.h.

only if it is not a problem for you to do so, then that's probably the best way
unless there is some benefit to using the std:: version that i am not aware of.

> hopefully we can avoid source changes.

ok, i'll operate under the assumption that you'll come up with a solution that
meets everyone's need and doesn't need special source for each platform.

> However I would like configure to be
> able to set the compiler flags properly.

as would i.  i'm looking into how this configure beast works to see if i can
come up with a solution.  if anyone is familiar with the internals of the
configure process i could use a couple pointers.  thanks!!

cheers!!

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
                                -- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --