A couple of weeks ago, in a thread about changes to distribution, etc. Etienne
mentioned switching to Sparkle.

I generally dislike Sparkle because it prompts when you launch an application.
At that point you have a choice: interrupt what you were doing to install the
update (and hope you remember what you were going to do) or continue what you
were doing (and hope you remember to install the update later). Neither is
appealing.

I suppose this isn’t really an issue with something that you always want
running for no particular task like Quicksilver, so maybe it’s irrelevant here
but as a general rule, this looks like a better system:
http://code.google.com/p/update-engine/

Especially if plugins are going to be updated separately as Etienne suggested.

Has it been considered?

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>