On Sep 17, 2010, at 1:27 PM, nbelnap wrote:

> QS doesn't do ANYTHING except show a big QS for about a second.  I'm
> pretty sure I did something WRONG.  But deleting the program and re-
> downloading doesn't help.  I'm trying to run QS on Snow Leopard.  My
> friends swear by it.  I suppose there are some additional files that I
> should delete, but which ones and where?  I also suppose there is help
> to be found somewhere online.  I am a neophyte.

Do you see a Dock icon for it or an icon in the menu bar? If not, it's probably
crashing.

To answer your question, Mac applications (if written correctly) never modify
themselves, so re-downloading/reinstalling them will make no difference. Here's
what you want to trash in Quicksilver's case to start completely fresh. (~ is
your home directory.)

    ~/Library/Preferences/com.blacktree.Quicksilver.plist
    ~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver
    ~/Library/Caches/com.blacktree.Quicksilver
    ~/Library/Caches/Quicksilver

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>