On 11 Jul 2014, at 13:43, Garrett Denney wrote:

Just as the title says. Would love the ability to open an app with one
instance of QS, and close it with a second QS command while it is still
open.

You can tab to the second pane and choose the Quit action. (I’m not sure if that’s enabled by default, but it’s built-in.) If you use that enough that it becomes the default when searching for ‘q’, you could then run it immediately without switching panes by hitting ⇧⌘Q. (See the manual for more on that.)

The Quit action doesn’t appear unless an application is running, so you could go to Preferences → Actions and drag Quit up higher than Open. I think that will do what you’re asking.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/