On 28 Jun 2016, at 13:37, Mike Petonic wrote:

When I invoke QS and enter "=3 * 12" in the first pane, the default action that shows in the second pane is a script that I wrote called "QS Decode
URL" which is in my .../quicksilver/Actions folder.

I'm wondering how that script got precedence over the default "Calculate"
action.

Did you add the action recently? I’m not sure how it decides (when no precedence is given), but new actions tend to get inserted fairly high into the list.

When you start the text with `=`, it gets identified as a “formula”. You’ll see any actions that apply to that type. Some actions claim to work with every type, and I’m guessing your AppleScript falls into that category. The answer is probably to drag it down the list (in Preferences → Actions).

As a general rule, the actions that only apply to one type should be at the top, and the ones that apply to everything should be at the bottom, and the rest should be in between.

I think there’s a way to make an AppleScript action only claim support for certain types, which should also work, but I’ve never messed with that.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/