On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 12:09:17 PM UTC-4, Rob McBroom wrote:

> Try using the “Run […]” action. (The arguments in the third pane
> are optional.) From glancing at the code, I think that one runs the
> command outside a shell.
>
> That will just return the text (if any) to QS, which I think it what you
> want since you said it’s not interactive.

Thanks Rob, I think this works! Two follow up questions:

1. Is there a way to make run the default action for scripts, rather than
open? (Now I have to type zr to open Zim in this way.)
2. When I open zim using QS (which is a bash script, calling a python
script) zim always appears behind the other windows, is there a way to
foreground it automatically like other apps?