On 6 Nov 2016, at 0:14, Mike Petonic wrote:

I want to use QS's interface programmatically from a shellscript or even from an Applescript. For instance, I'd like something like what's below. I know that it doesn't exist as such right now, but hopefully, this will show
my desired functionality:

/usr/local/bin/qs <<-EoF
     Here is some text that I want to display
     Using QS's large type action.
     there are many other lines and I like how QS
     displayes the text
     EoF
/usr/local/bin/qs -x "large type"

For Large Type specifically, AppleScript is probably the best choice since QS has support for that action in its AppleScript library.

More generally (especially if you want to do something with a file), you could use a Quicksilver Droplet.

Set up a command in the main interface with the “Droplet Item” proxy object and whatever action you want to run. Instead of running the command, encapsulate it with ⌃↩, then choose the “Save Command to File…” action.

Any file you drop on that thing will have your chosen action run on it. I imagine you could also use it in a script with `open -a`, but I have’t tested that.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/