Yes, that's right! "Disks" under Preferences > Catalog > System > Devices
is more like it. I had “Quicksilver Catalog Entries” enabled already and
tried creating the trigger using "Disks (Catalog)"--that worked! Thank you
very much! Using "/Volumes" still produces a blank list of results--using
either "Search Contents" or "Show Contents"--but using "Disk (Catalog)"
arrives at the same desired result.