BLFS Trac via blfs-book wrote:
#7628: Upower-0.99.4 (Test dependent packages)

Comment (by pierre.labastie):

  I think I have a better view of the picture now. There are 2 possible dbus
  interfaces for suspend/hibernate: logind and ConsoleKit2. There used to be
  a third one (UPower), which is now gone.
  XFCE4 is set up to use logind or ConsoleKit (first logind presence is
  tested, then ConsoleKit), so no problem here. Liblxqt is set up to use
  UPower or logind for suspend/hibernate, or a "custom command". A custom
  command using pm-utils, would be easy to design, but what I do not know is
  how to make the system aware of this custom command. All I know is that it
  is kept into a ''msettings("power")'' class. Maybe a config file somewhere
  could allow to set it up.

  I have not looked at lxde yet, nor at kde.

  Note that the reboot/halt buttons work with lxqt, since ConsoleKit is used
  for those.

Thanks for the update Pierre.

  -- Bruce