>  Ah, I suppose you have an older version of linux-api-headers installed.
>  Mine is 4.5, which is up to par with upstream's uinput.h, which explains
>  why I am able to build the package.

I can confirm.

I also found the same problem when installing libevdev-1.5.0

On my system:
/usr/include/linux/uinput.h (from kernel 4.4,  installed when I upgraded
to glibc-2.23) doesn't declare struct uinput_abs_setup

Running "make headers_install" on current stable kernel (4.5.4) installs an
uinput.h header which does declare struct uinput_abs_setup (and allows
successful build of libevdev-1.5.0)

ciao
gabriele