On 09/18/2016 01:06 PM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-book wrote:
On 18/09/2016 01:17, from the addition of nghttp2:
+    <bridgehead renderas="sect3">nghttp2 Dependencies</bridgehead>
+
+    <bridgehead renderas="sect4">Recommended</bridgehead>
+    <para role="required">
+      <xref linkend="libxml2"/>
+    </para>
+
+
Hmm, recommended or required?

Pierre

Recommended was intended (I do have it as required in my PKGBUILD), but it'll build without. The result, however, doesn't allow the client to fetch linked pages in the initial transfer. I was thinking that was a fairly important part of the speedup of HTTP/2, basically send as much compressed data as you can as early as possible, but now I'm trying to see how that would be beneficial to curl (the only known _client_ in the book). Maybe it should only be optional. :-/ Mozilla and Google have their own implementations. I'm not sure if Google's made it back to WebKit, but I seem to remember something of a SPDY switch last time I looked at one of the webkit builds, but don't recall which.

--DJ