On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:25:56PM +0300, Thanos Baloukas via blfs-book wrote:
> On 10/04/2018 09:11 μμ, Ken Moffat via blfs-book wrote:
> >
> > I'll end this reply by quoting from their specfile:
> >
> > %description
> >
> > Rust is a systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents
> > segfaults, and guarantees thread safety.
> >

> Yes, this motto is by the rust web page
> https://www.rust-lang.org/en-US/

Yes, I know.  Others too have quoted it in its entirety.  But to my
mind the claims are "not proven".  For thread safety I'm willing to
give them the benefit o the doubt at the moment, but I can't
currently agree with 'prevents segfaults'.

> I will say that it may well be, firefox with rust is stable and we may
> try to use rust on thunderbird too. It's just that their tests do not
> yet fully support our processors. I'm sure that it's a matter of time.
>
> Do you remember what happened on gentoo and other mailing lists with the
> advent of ryzen? After the gcc-7.3 release all these threads became
> inactive.

Yes.

ĸen
--
In my seventh decade astride this planet, and as my own cells degrade,
there are some things I cannot do now: skydiving, marathon running,