On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 10:20:41PM +0200, Pierre Labastie via blfs-book wrote:

> > Thanks.  I've been using xfce on one system, but without
> > polkit-gnome.  Didn't realise that was expected to be in use for
> > xfce ?
>
> It's recommended for xfce4-session (and also at runtime for thunar-
> volman). I guess you get more options when logging out if you use it.
> But I have not used xfce for a long time.
>
> Pierre

OK.  I managed to use thunar-volman to (as a user) open a file from
a usb stick which was using one of the windows formats.

I only installed xfce because it is what I will be using on my
laptop when I rebuild that (current 9.1 works adequately there).

ĸen
--
Juliet's version of cleanliness was next to godliness, which was to
say it was erratic, past all understanding and was seldom seen.