I got a response from Sleepycat.
Next  update my sed should be removed.

--
David Jensen
--- Begin Message ---
These two strings are output (line 40+-) in sijointest.tcl:
Secondary index join test.
sijoin  {[ list recno btree hash ]} 1000
They are not in the acceptable patterns of test.tcl
So one gets 12 of these:
UNEXPECTED OUTPUT: Secondary index join test.
UNEXPECTED OUTPUT: sijoin  {[ list recno btree hash ]} 1000

Regression tests failed.

I did not patch it.  This was also the case in 4.3.27
--
David Jensen

Hi David,

You're absolutely correct.  This has been fixed in our
current tree and you will see that reflected in our 4.4
release when it comes out.

As you have no doubt surmised, these don't indicate any
actual test failure.

Thanks!
Carol

Carol Sandstrom