Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

I propose to change the instructions to the following:
     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD make check

That is probably the right thing, but.

Why are we building libunzip.so at all? Nothing uses it AFAIK, and we need the -dont_make-noise patch because of this library.

This does seem the case, all google hits are to 'blfs' except one open BSD.

The whole thing seem to complex, this seems all that is required for static.

   sed -i 's:^LN = ln:& -sf:' unix/Makefile &&
   make prefix=/usr LOCAL_UNZIP=-DUSE_UNSHRINK \
       linux -funix/Makefile
   make prefix=/usr LOCAL_UNZIP=-DUSE_UNSHRINK install

The sed changes the hardlink zipinfo->unzip to symbolic.
The first make creates a Makefile->unix/Makefile symlink, so it is not needed
for the install.

--
David Jensen