Tushar Teredesai wrote:

On 7/14/05, Bruce Dubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How hard is it for users to merely google for the package name and find
the freshmeat or other relevant locations?

Its not hard. But I suggested it coz I think of it as missing
functionality. Before installing a package I like to check what the
maintainer has to say about the package. For example the pci-utils
homepage states that the package also included a library for accessing
the pci bus. Sometimes they have notes on their homepage for some
additional configuration. Some packages have the documentation so that
it is easier to figure out if I really need the command before
installing.

Searching for the package is not as convinient as clicking on a link:)

I agree, google isn't fun. If we can find a home or further information link we should provide it.
Just to be complete, if for no other reason.

--
David Jensen