Dear List,
                 I think I've tripped up over a dependency of j2sdk-1.4.2:
I'll follow it up with 1.5.0 when I have some free time.

The SDK seems determined to link against libiconv while building javaws
(this isn't installed, but it is used later in the building process).

This wouldn't be a problem, since I *have* libiconv, except that the
library hasn't been specified in the build line for javaws.

I've worked past it with

sed -i '/LIBS/ s,-lnsl$,-lnsl -liconv,' <source dir>/deploy/make/common/Defs-linux.gmk

... but this is really just hacking: there ought to be a rule somewhere for adding
libraries as needed into the build rules.

Does anyone else have any relevant experience? This looks like something which
would be just as broken on the "official" Red Hat target.

Bernard Leak.
--
Before they made me, they broke the mould

--
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to