Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 08/17/05 18:00 CST:

> Is it really hard to maintain?  It only requires an entry when an editor
> upgrades the package or a new package is added.  The only problem is
> getting the editors to remember...  Wait.  Maybe that is a tough problem. :)

Yes, it will be. I still haven't updated Anduin as I was supposed
to, now I'm supposed to remember to do something else. :-)


> Also, to address Justin's comment, my vision of this page is that it is
> for the more casual user--the one that only looks at the stable release
> and wants to see a summary of changes in one place.

However, in BLFS, different than LFS, more important changes are
annotated in the ChangeLog than would be on this new page. For
instance, I find it more valuable that an instruction has been
changed or added, or a new dependency has been added to a package
than simply what packages have had their versions updated. Just
IMHO, though.

-- 
Randy

rmlscsi: [GNU ld version 2.15.94.0.2 20041220] [gcc (GCC) 3.4.3]
[GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.4] [Linux 2.6.10 i686]
18:05:01 up 137 days, 17:38, 3 users, load average: 1.25, 0.71, 0.34
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to