Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Randy McMurchy wrote:

Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 08/30/05 23:07 CST:



I don't know what version of the bootscripts the original poster used.
In rev 4859 (Jul 31), DJ changed the links from S25 to S99.  That could
explain the discrepancy.


That existed for one day in SVN.


Looking at
http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/bootscripts/Makefile?rev=4935&root=BLFS&view=log

(url will wrap), the removal of S99cups was inserted on 15 Aug.


 6.1 is supposed to have fixed

bootscripts. We don't know what version the OP used, but there
was supposed to be only one day of an SVN version where this was
broken.

I will be testing tomorrow. I have rebuilt LFS using
LFS-GCC4-050830 (soon to be SVN trunk) and have added many BLFS
packages. CUPS will be tomorrow.


Great.  I'll buy you a beer if it doesn't work right.

  -- Bruce



Just a heads up, if cups is reinstalled after the blfs bootscript is installed, the cups scripts will be put back in place. The Makefile in the blfs-bootscripts-6.1 tarball has the needed changes. I think we need to get rid of the cups installed script completely. I can't look ATM, (gcc4 build of JDK just finished and going to rebuild itself) but I imagine it would be a simple sed on the makefile.

-- DJ Lucas
--
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to