On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 11:58:55PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 08/31/05 23:50 CST:
> 
> > The sed could be chopped down to:
> > 
> > sed -i 's|="$moz"|&\n run_moz="$dist_bin/mozilla.sh"|' \
> > browser/app/mozilla.in
> 
> As best as I can tell, this will not work. Or, perhaps I should
> rephrase, the sed above will not achieve the desired results that
> were intended.
>

Indeed. Sorry for that. At first glance, the obvious error is that I
included an extra quote, ie:

sed -i 's|="$moz|&\n run_moz="$dist_bin/mozilla.sh|' \
browser/app/mozilla.in

But that won't quite work either as the '&' replaces the found line with
the search parameter. The following sed should produce the desired results:

sed -i 's|dist_bin="$moz_libdir"|&\n run_moz="$dist_bin/mozilla.sh|' \
browser/app/mozilla.in

To me, that's some improvement over the original sed, but not a great deal...

--
JH
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-dev
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Reply via email to