Tushar Teredesai wrote:
On 5/21/06, DJ Lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wrong place.  Dep info for individual packages is to be covered in the
wiki.  BLFS assumes all packages are installed.

In addition to the fonts section, the lib section also mentions the
which libs need to be installed first to meet the sub-section
dependencies.

Yes, I see that. IMO, both of those should be removed as well, even though it was I who put them there, they are leftover from the initial draft before the wget lists were ordered. Adding to the mix, utils also does this, but because of different instructions for config-files and imake.

Lets move this to dev for discussion. I don't really see a problem with it, other than I viewed it as a deviation from what we had as it explicitly mentions a dependent package, and now I'm not sure. Lets involve the rest of the group and see how to handle these. IMO, we should remove all three and add to the note in the introduction "The order of the wget lists should be followed to account for all dependencies."

Xorg-7.1 will be out soon (Monday), and I'll go ahead and make all the requested changes when that update occurs.

-- DJ Lucas