Dan Nicholson wrote:
> 7.2 is finally out.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2007-February/000254.html
>
> A few changes will need to be made, but for the most part it should be
> pretty straightforward. This also support Mesa-6.5.2 out of the box
> which has lots of improvements for the eye candy lovers.
>
> I also noticed this awesome page on their wiki that enumerates the
> module versions in each major release. This will make things easy for
> those that want to do piecemeal updates.
>
> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModuleVersionsInXorgReleases
>
> --
> Dan

I'm slowly crawling through the build.  Updated to gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5
with update2 patch, libxml2, libxslt, freetype, fontconfig.  Looks like
we need to add 6 pages to the xorg section to account for libxcb.
Also, I'm using the _official_ 7.2 versions (which required downgrading
some of our current versions in the 7.1 build). I'm rolling through the
rest of the libs now, but here are my current change notes:

xorg-7.2 proto (leave alone except versions)
xorg-7.2 utils (leave alone except versions)
new package libpthread-stubs-0.1 (http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/)
xtrans (moved from libs)
libXau (moved from libs)
libXdmcp (moved from libs)
new package xcb-proto-1.0 (http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/)
new package libxcb-1.0 (http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/ (dep libxslt,
optional doxygen))
xorg-7.2 libs (minus xtrans,libXau, and libXdmcp change to updated versions)

-- DJ Lucas