On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 06:33:52 -0600, William Immendorf <will.immend...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Matthew Burgess
> <matt...@linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>> No, as discussed before, it is a patched coreutils issue.  There was a
>> bug in one of my versions of the coreutils i18n patches which caused
>> this.  What version of coreutils are you using, and what version of the
>> patch?
> I know it's a patched Coreutils issue, but Herbert dosen't, and I'm
> using LFS 6.5. That's what I meant. Just see:

You seem to be missing the point I was making though.  This is not a bug in
"patched Coreutils" (i.e taking coreutils upstream + Fedora's i18n patch which
is what we base our patch off of).  It's a bug in LFS' patched coreutils
because when I created the 7.4 version of the patch I introduced this bug when
trying to resolve conflicts occurring from the application of the 7.3 version
of that patch to 7.4.  So, don't bother complaining to Herbert as it's not his
problem.  Nor should you complain to the maintainer of the i18n patch at Fedora
where we base our work off of.  This is solely an LFS issue and is resolved
with the coreutils-7.5-i18n-2.patch.

If I get some time, I may go back and produce a coreutils-7.4-i18n-2.patch and
publish an errata for the book.  Otherwise, can I suggest that you either try
the 7.5 version against 7.4 or upgrade your Coreutils to 7.5 with the 2nd
version of the patch or to 7.6.

Thanks,

Matt.