Hi all,

On a recent rebuild of LFS-svn I attempted an upgrade to
Gettext-0.18.  That resulted in one of the xgettext tests
failing because there is an assumption that xgettext will
support Glade files.  That support requires Expat to be
present.

I reported the test failure upstream [0], where the
Expat expectation was confirmed.

I don't think that moving Expat from BLFS to LFS will be
a particularly contentious issue, so this is really just
a heads up.  Obviously, if anyone wants to object, feel
free to, and I/we will consider your arguments.

Regards,

Matt

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-utils/2010-05/msg00032.html