On 05/02/2012 10:54 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Le 01/05/2012 16:31, Armin K. a écrit :
>> Today I've finished updating and checking all of Gnome 3.4 components
>> and everything was ok. It's up to you people to test it and find bugs in
>> the book/instructions or the packages itself. I'll be updating it to
>> newer version when it's done. After that if desired someone can test it
>> installing into /opt or whatever with sysconfdir /etc/gnome or whatever.
>> I'll modify the book if necesary, just make notes about your installation.
>>
>> Regards
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of testing, as I did for KDE.
> Looks like you have done quite a good job, since I have not much to
> say up to now, but I am far from finished yet.
> I have found that GConf is a required dep of libcanberra:
> Configure prints a message but exits without error.
> Then make install fails when installing gtk bindings.
> Everything goes smooth if GConf is built before.
>
> Right now, I am stuck at folks (the 70th package on a list of 130 to
> build gdm with required and recommended deps) , which seems to require a lot
> of vala libraries which are missing. But no time to test today.
>
> regards,
> Pierre

Thanks for the report. I've added GConf into "Required if building
GNOME" section for libcanberra. I've also recommended vala to GNOME
packages where it was optional and also added correct switches to
explicitly enable vala for some packages that have disabled it by
default. I remember I had some issues with that one too, especially
telepathy and folks.