On 10/19/2012 05:54 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> Previous attachment had a line out of order and with a typo.
>>
>> []s,
>> Fernando
> Thanks.  That's helpful. Right now I'm running tests, but that takes
> quite a while.
>
> I think we should change the book to do a 'make download' to get the aux
> files.  I also think the patch for fixing paths can be done with a sed
> and that makes is a little more obvious about what it is doing.
>
> It was a little difficult to figure out what was going on here, but I
> think I've got it now.  Simplifying the build instructions should help
> others.
>
> Right now I'm up to 139 failures in the tests (3536 Passed).  I'll
> examine it a little closer when it finally finishes.
>
>     -- Bruce
A couple more things...

I did put reasons in the patch for the test failures. If they are the
same, then that particular test can go.

Also, the certificates patch could be dropped and done manually if
desired. It was written for upstream and rejected as they did not want
to use a bash script for UTF8 issues that I was unable to reproduce. It
might be nice to make it a part of the ca-certificates section at some
point. I still plan to upstream that patch again at some point in the
future. I have a java version written by SUSE that I've modified to
replace the bash script, but I haven't gotten around to writing a verify
function (required in the case of crypto not built with NSS).

-- DJ Lucas