On 02/11/14 22:51, akhiezer wrote
>> Any objections/additions to this proposal ?
>>

> We can likely contrib info on what works cfg-/&c- wise for UK, for asterisk
> and hylafax and modem and mobile, for the non-'OIP' side, if that's at all
> wanted to be incorp; no probs if not. (( Why no 'OIP' implem here?: still
> don't like the security levels. ))
>

> rgds,
> akh

Indeed the non ?OIP bits are genral "Comms" we work with POTS/BRI/PRI/STM-1
connections and also as a "application server" with or without ?OIP
where we
bridge a PRI connection inbound to a "Hybrid" possibly with PRI out to a
"traditional"
PBX and additionally to ?OIP via fax to mail fax to printer [turn std
printer to a fax terminal]
Allowing voicemail/call recording/call queueing/Interactive voice
response and other such things.

fortunately the local setting's are quite well established and included
in asterisk but yes use of 00/01 for
international / national as in the UK [elsewhere] is not the default and
the default is as expected American.

the configuration for asterisk maybe too extensive to list there plenty
resources available so suspect some genral rules and guides
ETSI vs NT maybe more practical all the "Tones" and impedance settings
are in the default configs.

however a "LFS" hosted config file pack containing dialplan-UK.conf
dialplan-ZM.conf dialplan-ZA.conf dialplan-ZW.conf ..... could be
more realistic.

Greg

dangerous content by Distrotech Solutions,
it is believed to be clean.

http://www.distrotech.co.za