Le 13/02/2014 21:18, Armin K. a écrit :
> On 02/13/2014 03:41 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the process of testing dovecot, I tried to set up exim, but got an error.
>> Here is the log after typing make:
>> ----------------
>> [...]
>> ---------------------------------
>> I do not have Berkeley DB installed, only GDBM from LFS. I wonder
>> what the proper fix is (admitting that I do not do something wrong):
>>
>> - Recommend Berkeley DB (only optional right now).
>> - Add USE_GDBM=yes to Local/Makefile and DBMLIB=-lgdbm
>> - Comment out the USE_DB=yes and DBMLIB = -ldb stanzas
>> in OS/Makefile-Linux (not this one : it does not work)
>>

> Archlinux has custom makefile for their distro and seem to use gdbm
> instead of berkeley db, due to licensing issues with bdb itself.
>
> https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/exim.Makefile?h=packages/exim#n1228
>
> USE_GDBM=yes
> DBMLIB=-lgdbm
>
> As you pointed out, you need to comment out db related entries and make
> modifications for two vars that you guessed correctly.
>
> Hope it helps.

Thanks, it does help (at least to make my mind).
@Bruce: build goes smoothly if adding
echo -e USE_GDBM = yes\nDBMLIB = -lgdbm >> Local/Makefile

Nothing is needed if BDB is installed though. So I'll keep BDB
as optional, add the "echo blah" command, and tell as command
explanation that "echo..." is not needed if BDB is installed.

Regards
Pierre