On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 04:55:05PM -0000, BLFS Trac wrote:
> #4806: sudo-1.8.10p1
> -------------------------+-----------------------
>  Reporter:  fo           |       Owner:  fo
>      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
>
> Comment (by fo):
>
>  Have just discovered that sudo builds static libraries:
>

>  {{{
>  --enable-static[=PKGS]  build static libraries [default=yes]
>  }}}
>
>  Do we want that?

 I see you've already addressed this, and at the moment I only have
1.8.9p5 here [ which had the same message in ./configure --help ],
but does it really install statics without that switch ?

 I've seen many packages which say one thing in their help, and do
something else.  I think this is another (unless it really did
change in 1.8.10).  Please note : if I'm right, please don't waste
time reverting this - there is almost certain to be a newer version
of sudo in a day or two.

ĸen