> > Dear Editors
> >
> > In the BLFS commands postlfs, 041-iptables has this line
> >
> > --enable-libipq &&
> >
> > There is a space after the && which makes it difficult to do a global
> > delete on the &&
> >
> > This is also true for general/251-ruby with this line:
> >
> > --docdir=/usr/share/doc/ruby-2.1.2 &&
> >
> > Would you kindly remove the space after the && for these two commands to
> > make them consistent with all the other commands in the xml files.
>       .
>       .
> >

> While yes, it's good to have consistency in xml source, a processing of
> that source should really be 'liberal in what it accepts' as input, at
> least insofar as allowing for the possibility of such spaces, surely? You
> could e.g. match on a regex such as '&&[[:blank:]]*$' or similar (depending
> on what the processing environment will accept regex-wise).

I wrote a script to build the scripts to install the packages for each section
of BLFS (I was tempted to write after that sentence 'That lay in the house that
Jack built' but managed to stop myself!). I install as a package user so I want
to keep the configure, make and install logs. This means removing all the &&
from the end of the command lines.

I use a sed to do this:

If the command ends in && this works fine. If it ends in a space it doesn't and
leaves the && in place, which then causes the script to fail. I've only found
the two lines noted above that have such a space. To me the space seems
superfluous.

jb.