Christopher Gregory wrote:
Hello,

With the latest build that I am doing testing the book, after some
serious research on MySql vs MariaDB and finding that the original
developer/author was the one who created the fork I decided to uninstall
MySql and found that make uninstall did not work.

Doing further research I found on CMakes wiki that projects created by
CMake do not include this feature:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

As we have KDE and at least a couple of others that are using CMake it
seems to me that listing how to actually uninstall a project using CMake
would complete the books instructions.

We have within KDE how to install additional packages not included in
the book, so I feel that adding this to that page would be appropriate.

If you take a look at the above link you will see that there are two
ways to achieve this.  Quite possibly the second method would be the
preferred way for the book as it is one line and seems to be the way
preferred by CMake developers.

I'm getting this a little late due to gmail issues that I think I've now fixed.

The one liner is:

 xargs rm < install_manifest.txt

The problem is that this is in the build directory. I think most users delete their source directory so if they don't save the generated install_manifest.txt after build, it will have to be generated again with at least a cmake command.

Of course, in a traditional ./configure based package, the Makefile would have to be regenerated also under the same circumstances.

Perhaps a note on the cmake page about install_manifest.txt would be appropriate.

  -- Bruce