On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:20:14PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> >I think the difference is in either ssh or ssl.  I think there are some
> >ciphers no longer supported.  Try ssh -vv to see some debugging messages.
> >
> >I had the same problem between my normal workstation and my lfs
> >development system.  On my devel system I had to add
> >
> >PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes +ssh-dss
> >
> >to /etc/ssh/sshd_config.  You may just want to generate new keys.
>
> I also now have
>
> PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes +ssh-dss
>
> in ~/.ssh/config

Thanks.  While I was tring to sleep it occurred to me that my (old)
key format might have been deprecated.  I've just found the
following in the Arch wiki:

Note: As of August 11, 2015, DSA is deprecated and disabled by
default in OpenSSH 7.0 due to discovered vulnerabilities.

That links to
https://www.archlinux.org/news/openssh-70p1-deprecates-ssh-dss-keys/

I'll need to generate new keys and upload the required part from the
old system.

ĸen
  aka "The hedgehog song"