On 02/14/2016 12:12 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:

Agreed: I meant the book was correct respective to the OP claim. The deps you
cite could be made recommended (instructions given later for starting X depend
on them).
Xorg-server is also only required at run-time, so, as you say, strictly
speaking, the only required dep for building is the xorg libraires. But I am
inclined to keep the server as required, because who would want to build xinit
without a server?

Yes, xorg7-lib as required with xorg-server as required (runtime) and all the others as recommended (runtime) would be correct in my opinion. xauth from xorg7-app is also used at runtime if available but doesn't seem to be pulled by the dependency chain as it's currently laid out in BLFS book.

--
Igor Živković